Monday, April 14, 2008

Waffles


This morning I let Big Brother eat a waffle in our bed for breakfast (with a towel down in case of spills-I like to call it a 'picnic' read: lazy mom). I had Miss Bug in my bed too, as she had just finished eating. I went into the kitchen for a few minutes to fix my coffee-finding my favorite mug, adding my yummy vanilla creamer and 2 Splendas. Yes, same thing every day.

Then I saw Hubby's laptop on the counter, waiting for me to check email. So, I strolled on over and began checking and answering emails. So often this is what I do: I go into a room, start something, then move on to something else without finishing the first task. Usually I make the coffee, then realize I need to put clothes in the dryer so go to laundry room; then realize the dog needs food and water, do that; then get Big Brother's lunchbox and start that, and on and on and on-when usually my intention was to JUST GET THE DAMN COFFEE AND GO SIT DOWN AND WATCH SOME OF THE TODAY SHOW!

It had been a good 15 minutes and I realized I'd not heard a peep from my bedroom. It was unusually quiet.

I walked in to find that Big Brother had given his 6-month-old sister his bowl (Daddy puts the cut-up waffle w/syrup in a bowl) and she had her face inside the entire bowl and was sucking on the rim. It was HILARIOUS. I wish I would've taken a picture b/c as you know they are worth a thousand words and then you could've seen it for yourself. I ran over and took the bowl b/c I wasn't sure if honey was in syrup and you aren't supposed to let your little ones have honey. DUH--Hubby told me there is no honey in syrup. Miss Bug was grinning from ear to ear and continued to suck on her lower lip in case there was any syrup left.

And that's how our Monday started...

6 comments:

Mandy said...

That is so funny! My children would have been diving in the bowl with her. They also eat breakfast in my bed. I suppose that explains the crumbs on the sheets....

Preppy Mama said...

How funny. You know, I have a similar problem. I have the intentions of entering a room to accomplish one thing and it always leads to something else and so on and I never really remember what my original intention was. Is that called being a mom? My brain has never been the same!

justme said...

that is pretty funny !!!

Scarlet O'Kara said...

How funny!

nanny said...

Sugar high to follow/lol

lisagh said...

Just replying to you about Monkey: unfortunately, the itinerary is already set (had a deadline of last Tuesday for email requests to be sent to me)... but please stay posted on his travels and if anyone from GA drops out, I will keep you in mind!
thanks,
L