Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Let's Talk Strollers...

I have a 4 year old and a 6 month old. We have the huge ass Graco stroller that fits the car seat on top for little one. Then we have a Britax stroller (light-weight, compact; can't remember the model) for the 4 year old. So, do I buy a sit and stand stroller for them to be able to ride together? I'm not on the go with both of them a lot by myself. But when I do, the 4 year old wants to be held!!! He's always been this way. He just isn't a big walker. He only weighs about 32 pounds and is more prone to run his mouth than run his legs if you know what I mean.


I saw on another blog where people were really saying great stuff about the Joovy Ultralight Caboose (see above). I have to admit, I'd never even heard of it! I guess I'm out of the loop on strollers ...again. Especially the double kind!
The last time I went single-handedly out for a day with both kids I had the 4 year old riding on my back while the 6 month old sat in the stroller! At one point I even had the 4 year old in the stroller and was carrying the 6 month old! Ridiculous! And what a sight to see, I'm sure...

So, is it worth the money? Will I get a lot of use out of it? Are there other strollers that are better? Help a girl out....

2 comments:

Kate said...

I don't have kids of my own but have babysat for a lot of families with multiple kids. Strollers are so annoying! There's always some issue! One of the families I sat for had a stroller similar to this one and it was pretty great. Once the baby got older he wanted to ride on the back thing too so they had to switch off. Definitely better than lugging the double stroller everywhere!

PaperCourt said...

I only bought one double - the mountain buggy urban double - it's so heavy that it's mainly used for jaunts around the 'hood. I know people with the caboose and they love it.