Monday, March 17, 2008

Mid-Life Crisis Mobile


Here's the mid-life crisis mobile (MLCM). I didn't have the one hour drive to the dealership as mentioned previously (thank goodness). Hubby is 39, and YES, I know it's not a Corvette or Ferrari. But, we have 2 small children--a 5 month old and a 4 year old. Can you say CAR-SEAT friends? How 'bout CAR-SEATSSSSSSSS. Ok, so they fit in there, but you know it's not too comfy back there for them. Little one, Miss Bug, will get out of the rear-facing monster seat soon enough, so that is good. And since we live in Deep South, Big Brother will be riding shotgun by the time he's 5. So, it's all good, I guess.

It's a Mazda SPEED 3. Not just a Mazda3, but a SPEED 3. Can you say SPEEDING TICKET? He does have a radar detector, but has already gotten a speeding ticket, or two with it. It is a stick shift. It has a Bose stereo system in it. it is silver, just like in the picture. It goes, as he says, "zero to sixty in 5.4 seconds". I believe him. Not that I tried it. I didn't. But I did give it a little test spin near our neighborhood (after stalling out the first time--DUH).

I have to say, it did make me feel young again. My first 2 cars were stick shifts and SO fun to drive.

And then I got back into our other car, the minivan and went to the grocery. I am the 'ying' to his 'yang'.

Congrats, honey, on your new 'baby'. Hope this one sleeps through the night!:)

5 comments:

Hair Girl said...

Paint boy is all about his car. He has had a 2 seater at one time- with 2 kids. Totally useless! We have moved up to a Cadillac hybrid SUV thing with 3 rows and a DVD player. He is learning that with 2 big boys, space is GOOD!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

enojoy your new, fun car!

Scarlet O'Kara said...

Nice. Tell Mr. Mid-Life that he can have the minivan while you take the Sporty 4-door.

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

Love it!

workinthatpreppy said...

as long as he shares the love...we drive a yukon xl and hubby has a truck...we need a sporty little something...