Monday, March 24, 2008

100 Things

DRUMROLL, PLEASE.....

1. I love ceasar salad, light on the dressing and cheesey fries from Outback.

2. I love almost anything with cheese-sharp cheddar & Colby Jack are my favorites.......but not Kraft American singles-bleck.

3. I don't like onions unless they are disguised in a good ol' southern casserole--which has cheese, of course.

4. One of the most heart-wrenching experiences I've EVER had was when my dearest friend's son had a heart transplant. He was 2 at the time--he is now 4 and doing wonderfully. He is the same age as my own son--they are two months apart.

5. It changed my outlook on life forever. I have never prayed so much in my life.

6. One of my best friends I've had since the third grade. We still talk almost everyday whether it be by phone or email.

7. I brush my teeth in the shower. I consider it killing two birds with one stone--plus I like long showers.

8. I love teaching kids how to read and write. That is why teaching first grade fit me so well..

9. One of my very good friend's is a chef--went to school in Paris (Le Cordon Bleu) and I never pass up an invite to her house for a meal! Who wouldn't?

10. My grandmother could do the same thing. And my mom is a close second. And I could care less about cooking.

11. I love paper products of any kind-stationery, wrapping paper, stickers, address labels, etc. especially if they are plaid.

12. I love the color red for almost anything except a car. Cardinal red is my favorite.

13. My favorite pants are JCrew khakis favorite fit. I'd wear them everyday if I had 7 pairs. I need to work on that...

14. I ramble. Sometimes I like it. Sometimes I don't.

15. I have a very close and extremely special relationship with my mother. Don't get me wrong, I have 'cut the cord', but we are still very close and I love spending time with her.

16. I lived in Colorado for 6 years (2 years in Keystone and 4 in Vail)and they were the hardest (Keystone), yet best (Vail) years of my life thus far. I felt like I discovered who I truly was and wanted to be as a person.

17. I enjoy snow skiing.

18. I wished sometimes we still lived there, though I enjoy being closer to our families now that we have children.

19. Family is extremely important to me. So is my relationship with God.

20. I like children's songs as much as my kids.

21. I love sugar of any kind, especially sugar cookies--with or without sprinkles, peanut M&M's, Reese cups, etc.

22. I love PEANUT BUTTER and so does my son and husband. Don't know about baby yet.

23. I have dark hair and dark eyes and my kids have blonde hair and blue eyes. I'm still pondering the reason for this one.

24. I have taught computers to Middle Schoolers (Hell), First Grade,
Pre-kindergarten and substituted all grades up to 8th.

25. I love Grey's Anatomy.

26. I love reality TV.

27. I can't stand to pay bills late--makes me crazy to think of someone getting some of my money just b/c I'm a day or two late. Obviously I'm rarely late.

28. I worked in Yellowstone National Park for 2 summers before getting married.

29. I left early the second year because I fell in love with my husband.

30. It was the biggest learning experience I've ever had in my life. (not the love part, the Yellowstone part! )

31. I now love love love hiking and the mountains. Some people are beach, some are mountain. I am mountain, though I do like the beach quite a bit.

32. I once hiked 50 miles in one week. The last hike of that week was an overnight in the Smokies where my husband proposed.

33. Though he can make me crazy-basy as my son would say, I love my husband so so so much. He really is my best friend and makes me laugh and feel safe. He is my rock.

34. Nothing in my life has been more satisfying to me than having children. They truly are amazing and a miracle from God.

35. I love to vacuum.

36. I can't stand cleaning toilets and rarely do it. (My husband does them.)

37. I don't mind doing laundry.

38. I have never taken a cruise. I want to though!

39. Outside of traveling in the US, the only other places I've been are Mexico and Canada.

40. I'm picky about purses and tennis shoes. Oh, and watches.

41. When I was pregnant with my first child and gained over 40 pounds I made a vow to myself that I would never ever (if possible) be obese. Not being able to tie your freaking shoes is no fun.

42. I'm short and wish I was taller, not asking for much--just 5 foot 5 inches would be nice. Or maybe 5'7". :)

43. I write thank-you notes for everything and I am teaching my kids to do the same.

44. It is important to me for people to know that you appreciate them and letting them know it is part of that.

45. I'm a big stickler about saying thank you, also.

46. Friendships are very very important to me. I hold them as a high priority in my life and need them.

47. I dress a mixture of preppy and granola. I keep it simple.

48. My favorite soft drink is Diet Dr. Pepper.

49. I love children's books.

50. I really hate it when people use the Lord's name in vain.

51. But I drop the F bomb on occasion. Okay at least weekly, and find it ok. But my mom would DIE!

52. At least it's not one of the 10 commandments!

53. My feet are the smallest part of my body and I like them.

54. I like my toenails painted. All the time.

55. When we were looking to relocate, I told hubby that I would not live in GA b/c I had lived there for a while as a child and hated it and now I live here again.

56. God has a sense of humor. (see #55)

57. I find the hardest part of parenting is that there is no handbook to tell you exactly how to do something. You just have to try different things and see what works. There is no black and white to parenting.

58. 100 Things is a lot of freaking things. Unless it is dollars. Then it's not
much.

59. I love laying out in the sun. I find it very relaxing and have fun playing in the sand with my son.

60. I'm not a very neat person, but a clean person. In other words, my house is clean, but it's not very neat. It is hard to keep a neat house with 2 small children.

61. I hate it when people put out things in their house with small children and then expect them to not touch them. I think you should make your house child-friendly. I'm talking about when you have babies. Of course older ones need to learn, but babies don't get it yet and how can you expect them to?

62. I love theme parks. Can't wait to take my children to Disney.

63. I have lots of grey and have to color and highlight my hair.

64. I like taking pictures of events and my family and putting them up in the house.

65. I love duvet covers.

66. I love foam pillows.

67. I love to wear flip flops.

68. I'm picky about watches, also.

69. I'm learning from this post that I'm pickier about more things than I thought.

70. I was born in Frankfurt Germany and would like to go back to see it because I don't remember any of it. We moved when I was 2 1/2. My extended family didn't see me until that age.

71. I love Aveda products of any kind.

72. It gets on my nerves that my husband won't smile in pictures. It is the only thing we have to remember good times by and he doesn't look happy in many of them.

73. He's going to read this and get mad at me for posting it. Oh well, my post, my opinions.

74. I love to sleep. In pitch black like a cave. With a sound machine. With lots of covers.

75. My freshman year of high school I liked this guy so much and the first time we kissed he was chewing gum and I got it. I kept it in a Ziploc bag for years, literally.

76. We dated for 5 years.

77. Don't worry. I don't have the gum anymore. But I do remember it was that neon green Extra gum.

78. I started out majoring in Journalism, emphasis in Public Relations and changed to Education after the first semester in the College of Journalism.

79. I grew up Baptist, but now am Methodist.

80. I love it that at my church you can dress casual and the music is contemporary. People are real there.

81. I can't stand fake people. They make me crazy.

82. I am a 'what you see is what you get' person.

83. I've been told I was outspoken. In the South. Not in Colorado. Maybe that's why I miss it so much!

84. Growing up I loved Madonna and Prince.

85. I like to wear black. Not like a Goth, but just because it makes my chest look smaller.

86. I hate it that I have big boobs and am wanting a breast reduction within the next year or two. Have to wait until my body goes back to 'normal' from having a baby this past Fall.

87. What is 'normal' anyway? :)

88. I like to dance and sing. I think I sing pretty good, but nothing professional. I can bust out a good lullaby or two for my little one. The big one likes me to sing him Alvin and the Chipmunk songs.

89. I loved the movie Superbad. Like loved it enough to watch it over and over with the hubby. It is so crass and high school-ish and I still just love it.

90. I could also watch Steel Magnolias, Ferris Bueller's Day off and Breakfast Club over and over!

91. I graduated in '91 from high school.

92. I met my husband while dating his cousin (this is the South you know...).

93. My husband dated my best friend while I was dating his cousin.

94. Both my best friend and my husband's cousin were part of our wedding party.

95. I spent my wedding night in a train car at the Chattanooga Choo-Choo!

96. I graduated from the University of Florida with honors with a Bachelor's in Education and a minor in Psychology.

97. I can't believe I'm almost done and want to end my list with something profound. Doubt that will happen.

98. I like only white gold and silver jewelry.

99. I like the smell of cotton, linen, citrus and verbena as perfumes and/or candles.

100. I have lived in the following places in order: born in Germany; then lived in Texas, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, Wyoming (Yellowstone), Tennessee (again), Alabama, Colorado, and now back to Georgia!

7 comments:

Scarlet O'Kara said...

Wow...that is alot of interesting stuff. Guess I need to start writing my list now to make sure that I come up with 100 interesting things about myself!

Susan D. said...

Ummm, I don't remember the #75 gum thing. Ewww! I don't think you ever mentioned that one!! : )

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

Love the list. Esp. the gum thing. And the cousin thing.

:)

Somewhere Between Pinot and Pacifiers said...

Great list- I enjoyed reading it and I agree we do have a lot in common! I remember the gum thing being such a big deal in middle school. Too funny. :)

Mandy said...

Thanks for checking out our blog. I love your list...must of taken a while to compile! I have actually been to your blog before! Thanks for stopping by!

tulipmom said...

Great list!

I love Outback too ... and I order the same thing everytime ... a Caesar salad and the Ribyeye steak except instead of that white sauce they serve with it I ask them to substitute the orange remoulade that comes with their grilled shrimp. Yum!

And I agree .... cheese makes ANYTHING delicious!

I have the same kind of relationship with my mother.

And my house is always clean but NOT always neat ... I seem to have a problem with piles cropping up everywhere.

Also a fan of foam pillows .... I always have to request them at hotels as the Down ones aggravate my allergies.

#85 made me laugh. I'm too chicken to have that surgery but I'm definitely a candidate.

Eat, Drink, & Sleep Preppy! said...

We have so much in common. I sent you and email.. How neat!