Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Camping for the Plaid Girl

Me camping? Are you surprised? You shouldn't be--if you've read the 100 things about me, you'd read that I love it.......worked at Yellowstone National Park for 2 summers (with Love & Labs). Can't. Get. Enough. (But I do love a hot shower. Don't be fooled.) It has been SO long since I had gotten to go due to the birth of smallish children that I forgot how much I need it. Being outdoors is good for the soul. I don't mean sweating your patooty off necessarily people (though that is good for the soul sometimes, too). Remember we did go in September. I don't like to be hot when I sleep.

Miss Bug stayed with the grandparents so Hubby and I could take Big Brother on his first camping trip. Plus my parents have a pop-up camper and that is the luxurious way to camp! We didn't have hook-ups, but we did have a comfortable place to lay our heads that was taller than 4 feet! :)

Anywho--here are some pics from the trip. Big Brother and me on the rocks. I LOVE climbing/playing on rocks. Love it.



"Walk softly and carry a big stick" --for the campfire:

The smoke/heat bothered Big Brother's eyes, so he covered them so he could roast the marshmallow to make some 'snores' --yes, that is what he calls them. We don't correct him.

Here is the picture Big Brother took the next morning, hence the hat. Pretty good photographer I might add. This is his 'pretend leaf plant':
Big Brother also went on his first hike, Cataract Falls in the Great Smoky Mountains. It was wonderful. And no, I didn't even sweat.............perfect weather. We'll make a mountain boy out of him yet! Can't wait for Miss Bug to get a little older so we can go more often!

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

You and I must be polar opposites. I went camping a few weeks ago for the first time, and I realized I am not cut out for it...at all. :)

Scarlet O'Kara said...

While I love being in the Great Outdoors, my idea of camping is a cabin in the woods with electricity and hot water. That being said, I am blessed with two sisters who love to go tent camping. Thankfully, they are taking my 5 year old camping next weekend!

So glad that the three of you had a wonderful time together.

And I was thinking about you this past Sunday morning. CBS Sunday Morning did a story on Plaid.

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

Sounds like fun...anything planned for Wednesday?

hee hee

Lipstick said...

You are so cool! I have never been camping and for some crazy reason, it just makes me itchy to think about it.

Surf Girl said...

I love the outdoors, but I like hot water and TV. :) You are the coolest mommy ever!!

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

I have wonderful memories camping with my father as a child with the YMCA's Indian Guides program.

I'm sure you have many more great camping memories to make!

Michelle said...

Well (from a NON-camper) you do look like you had a great time!!!