Thursday, January 7, 2010

O Happy Day!

Big Brother went back to school today--finally! We were out for almost 3 weeks. That is forever. He was a little weepy at home, but Daddy took him to school and he made it without choking up. Had his mother taken him, it would probably have been a different story. What's up with that?


Miss Bug went to her first day of the 2 year old preschool today. She will go 2 days a week. She is going where I taught Prek and Big Brother went for all 3 years of preschool. I didn't know if she would remember going there at all, but maybe she did? She walked in there like she owned the place and went right into her classroom. She had never even been in that area before. Leave it to me to have 2 completely different children. They may look alike, but they are so different in so many ways.



I did get a text from one of the teachers saying that she had found her teacher's biscuit on the table and helped herself to it. Oh lovely impression on the first day! So glad I know the teachers! I tell you this child is a HOOT. Rarely a dull moment.


So, in my free time I got to go to Lowe's to buy hooks and to the Factory Outlets about 20 miles up the interstate to exchange a few things. Oh how I love shopping. I really do. It just makes me happy. I don't necessarily have to buy anything, but just looking around makes my heart smile. Now actually purchasing something does make me even happier, but it is definitely not necessary. Just the fact that I got to do it sans children was glorious! Carters has some smokin' deals right now. With it being very cold for South Georgia, I did buy my girl a few warmer things. And I found her some pink fleece pants and a striped pink long sleeve shirt--all for under 10 dollars at the Gap Outlet....a steal I tell you! I do love the Gap Outlet for children.


OK must do a few things (finish up packing Christmas stuff) and watch some DVR'ed TV while I can. So nice to have some child-free time. I forgot how precious it is...

3 comments:

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Glad they had a good start back. I need to make the trek up to the outlets too, I forget how much great stuff I used to get at the Gap Outlet.

Sandra said...

I know exactly what you mean about children being so different. My two are exactly the same way. It makes raising them so much more fun and interesting! xoxo

Mags said...

Enjoy your mommy time!!! I miss it this year as my 4yo is in school in the morning, and my twinkers have afternoon kindergarten.