Monday, January 4, 2010

Baby Sleep & Potty Training

These are two of the things on my mind right now. Neither of which I'm too crazy about dealing with at this time.

Ok, so Miss Bug turned 2 in October. She shows SOME interest in the potty. She is a go-getter in many ways, so I am thinking this has the potential to happen pretty quickly. On the other hand, she is quite stubborn and may revolt altogether. Today is the day I said I'd start (once the dryer was fixed-long story). I took a few quizzes online and she passes more than 1/2 of them, but some of them I have no idea. I found one old potty book from when my son was younger, we own a potty, and I just recently bought training underwear..am trying to go steer clear of Pull-Ups for this one--merely because I still have quite a few diapers and don't feel like wasting them. Not that I'll be using them, but whatever. I'm just trying to do this without Pull-Ups! (At night we will try diapers hoping not to confuse, but I'm sure she'll let us know if she is not okay with this.) So today we try. It is before 7 am and I've not finished my first cup of coffee so won't officially start until after. And as I type this I'm thinking, "Should I wait until tomorrow? Or the next day? Or the next?" I could easily make excuses all day long--like she is starting a new Preschool two days a week starting on Thursday. Should this be a cause for delay? To some yes, to others no. I'm not really in a huge hurry to do this--just don't want to miss the 'window' of opportunity if it is opening right now!

The other thing--SLEEP! I love it. In the top 3 of my things to do probably. My daughter, however, is such an early riser. Not sure WHY...up before 6 am. I DO NOT like seeing the clock's hour hand to say 5. EVER--UNLESS it is a scheduled 5am wake-up time. She goes to bed anywhere betweeen 7-7:45 at the very latest, but gets up so dang early. Sometimes we get 6:20 or 6:30 which is MUCH better, but man, lately, it is e.a.r.l.y. And it really frustrates me....

Then nap time is only an hour and a half. REALLY? I was putting her to bed around 11:30 but this 2 year old program is from 9-1. Wondering (hoping, praying, wishing) if it will help with the sleep situation....more so at night than during the day. Would prefer longer sleep nights than naps. See, I have to pick up John around 2:15 from school and so I'd have to wake her up or do some swapping in the pick-up department at school. Since he is in Kinder (or maybe just a wee little bit too scheduled), he has to know EACH and EVERY plan to feel completely secure.That whole Kindergarten adjustment is for a whole new post.

I have 2 small children wanting breakfast...at 6 freaking 50am. Maybe it will be a good thing to send everyone off to their 'school'.!!!!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Keep us posted on the PT. Is it easier in the warmer months? That was always my plan. We'll wait till summer to do that! The only thing I had to be careful about were the melting M&M's that I used as rewards for using the Potty. Don't know if Dr. Spock would've approved, but it worked. haha