Saturday, March 28, 2009

Bribe updates

Second night did better. Got up once with legs hurting (growing pains?). Gave Tylenol. He woke up at 5:30 saying his hip hurt. Daddy rubbed it a little and then sent him on. Since then--the past 2 nights--he has slept all night long. Hallelujah! The only problem is that Miss Bug woke up that first night, but then last night we ALL slept all night long.

Thank goodness. I was starting to think I had a serious problem on my hands. I get a little uptight about the sleep thing and I know that doesn't help. I think my son needed not only a sleep adjustment but an attitude adjustment. Mommy and Daddy had to start putting the 'hammer down' if you know what I mean. He's a great kid, don't get me wrong, sweet as he can be, but he's still a kid who is going to test boundaries.

Of course now that we are getting the sleep back to normal, we are going to the Grandparents for Spring Break. That will require another attitude adjustment.

And don't judge--but he's gotten 3 Hot Wheels car. When they run out, they run out. (I think I bought 6.) Then it's probably bedtime sticker chart time. How about Hot Wheels stickers for the bedtime chart? A nice compromise, don't you think?

We are probably going to the new Monsters Versus Aliens movie today. I'll let you know if it's good. I personally think most movies are worth it b/c you get the popcorn, Diet Coke and some peace from your day....love that.

5 comments:

Pretty Personal Gifts said...

Amen sister

Leslie said...

so growing pains do exist? My little boy wakes up every now and then saying his leg hurts and my husband claims they are growing pains. I had never heard of them so I thought he was crazy! Glad to know he isn't! Glad you are all sleeping again!

Mrs. Fabulous said...

Glad to hear you're getting a little sleep!
I think your "bribes" are great! I would never judge! I'll be the mom at the grocery store bribing her child to be quiet by giving them a candy bar!! :>)

Surf Girl said...

I'm glad you are sleeping! Can you keep your fingers crossed for me? :)

Annabel Manners said...

Your blog is so cute!